Manage Nematodes with Velum One
Why It Pays to Protect Against NematodesNematodes are an invisible threat in the soil that can negatively impact soil health and harm your crops causing up to a 50% loss in annual yield in almonds.¹ Worldwide, nematodes caused $157 billion in yield loss across crops in 2015.² Healthy soil is the foundation for healthy food production. Healthy roots are fundamental for consistent high productivity and can improve yield and quality by 30–50%.
Your Solution for Post-planting Nematode Protection
Previously, growers had limited post-planting options to protect their almond trees from nematodes.
For tree nut growers, Bayer offers a solution with Velum® One, a nematicide with fungicidal activity that suppresses nematodes and helps provide higher yields. Velum One is a wide-spectrum nematicide that can be conveniently applied during the season through irrigation systems.
Velum One Provides Multiple Solutions
- Fast, effective and long-term control of key nematodes in a wide range of crops
- Residual efficacy at unprecedented low application rate via chemigation
- Profitable and sustainable farm management
How It Pays to Use Velum One
- Can increase yield by 8.3% with an average of $475/bearing acre4
- Effective wide-spectrum nematicidal activity
- Protects roots and helps establish the crop
- Increases crop canopy by an average of 58%5
- Convenient in-season application via chemigation
- Advanced chemistry: no buffer zones needed