Approved InAL, AR, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY
- product detailsexpand_more
|Group Number||Formula||Registration Number|
- active ingredientsexpand_more
|Acetochlor, 2-chloro-N-ethoxymethyl-N-(2-ethyl-6-methylphenyl)acetamide||6 lb/gal suspoemulsion|
|Atrazine (2-chloro-4-ethylamino)-6-(isopropylamino)-s-triazine||6 lb/gal suspoemulsion|
Labels / MSDS
Use and MixingThe instructions for use and mixing described below are from the Environmental Protection Agency approved Federal Label. Always read and follow label instructions. Not all products are registered for use in every state. Please check with Bayer or your local Lead State Agency for product registration status. If you wish to find out if a product is registered in your state or for additional product information, send us an email or call 1-866-99-BAYER.
- harness xtra herbicideexpand_more
- MIXING INSTRUCTIONS
- MIXING, SPRAYING AND HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Direct contact or exposure to this product or spray mixtures of this product
should be minimized. The following instructions for transfer, mixing, cleaning or repairing equipment should be followed in order to minimize this exposure. Review the protective clothing requirements as listed in the "PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS" section of this label and do not use this product until you have the necessary protective clothing.
2.5 Gallon Containers
Open pouring from these containers can result in exposure from splashing or spilling.
Special care in lifting and pouring is strongly recommended.
Open pouring from these containers can result in exposure from splashing or spilling
and is not recommended. This product should be transferred from these containers to
the mix or spray tank using pumps or transfer probes. The probe or pump should not be
removed from the container or disconnected until the container is emptied and rinsed.
Use the pump or probe system to rinse the empty container and transfer the rinsate
directly to the mix or spray tank.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker\r\nProtection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water, are: coveralls, chemical-resistant gloves made of any\r\nwaterproof material and shoes plus socks.
- Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want
more options, follow the instructions for category A on an EPA chemical-resistance
category selection chart.
Mixers, loaders, applicators and other handlers must wear: long-sleeved shirt and
long pants, chemical-resistant gloves such as polyethylene or polyvinylchloride, shoes
plus socks, and a chemical-resistant apron when mixing/loading, cleaning up spills, or
cleaning equipment, or otherwise exposed to the concentrate.
- Tankmix Compatibility
- Sprayer Compatibility
Always predetermine the compatibility of this product or labeled tank mixtures of this product with water carrier or sprayable fluid fertilizer carrier by mixing small proportional quantities in advance. See the "STANDARD SPRAYABLE FLUID FERTILIZER COMPATIBILITY TEST" section in this label to determine the compatibility of this product and the labeled tank mixtures recommended for use with sprayable fluid fertilizer carrier.
Mix this product or labeled tank mixture of this product with the appropriate carrier as follows:
1. Place a 20- to 35-mesh screen or wetting basket over filling port.
2. Through the screen, fill the sprayer tank one-half full with the appropriate carrier.
3. If a compatibility agent is necessary to improve mixing or to prevent the formation of undesirable and unsprayable gels or precipitates, while agitating add it to the carrier already in the tank. Use only compatibility agents cleared by FDA for this use. Read and follow all directions for use, cautionary statements and all other information appearing on the selected compatibility agent label. Check for adequate agitation.
4. If a wettable powder or dry flowable formulation is used, make a slurry with water and add it slowly through the screen into the tank. Continue agitation.
5. If a flowable formulation is used, add slowly through screen into the tank. Mixing and compatibility may be improved when flowable is premixed one part flowable with one part water and added to the tank in diluted form.
6. Add this product slowly through the screen into the tank. Mixing and compatibility may be improved when this product is prediluted with two parts of water and added to the tank in diluted form.
7. Complete filling the sprayer tank with carrier. If a Roundup(R) agricultural herbicide or Gramoxone brand herbicide is used, add the required amount near the end of the filling process. Remove hose from tank immediately after filling to avoid siphoning back into the carrier source.
Maintain good agitation at all times until the contents of the tank are sprayed.
NOTE: If spray mixture is allowed to settle at any time, thorough agitation is required to resuspend the mixture before spraying is resumed.
Keep by-pass line on or near bottom of tank to minimize foaming. Screen size in nozzle or line strainers should be 50-mesh. Carefully select proper nozzle to avoid spraying a fine mist. Check for even distribution of spray droplets. To reduce loss of the chemical due to drift of a fine mist, apply at nozzle pressures below 40 psi.