Help Bayer CropScience Donate a Salad Bar for Schools
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Kids are presented with a wide variety of less than healthy food to choose from every day when they go to lunch. However, there is evidence that children will choose fresh and healthy foods if they are available. Enter Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools, a grassroots public health initiative aimed at increasing children’s fruit and vegetable consumption by providing salad bars to schools across the United States. Bayer CropScience is teaming up with United Fresh Produce Association and Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools to help grow a healthier world for America’s children.
We are donating 10 salad bars to elementary and secondary schools in Florida, California and areas in the Pacific Northwest throughout 2013. Because school salad bar use is associated with greater fruit and vegetable consumption, we hope to make a positive change in students’ eating preferences and educate them on the many benefits of eating fresh produce.
You can help us donate an 11th salad bar by participating in the #GiveASaladBar promotion through March 1, 2013. We’ll announce the recipient of the final salad bar in March. Is your school on the waiting list for a salad bar? Our 11th salad bar could end up at your school so please spread the word. All it takes is a few tweets, retweets, repins and likes and we’ll donate another salad bar to a deserving school!
You can help!
Take one of these actions and we’ll donate $5 toward an 11th salad bar!
Share one of these interesting facts about fruits and vegetables on Twitter:
- Follow @Bayer4CropsUS on Twitter and keep an eye out for tweets with the hashtag #GiveASaladBar. Each retweet counts toward a donation. Must include #GiveASaladBar hashtag. (Limit one per day per username)
- Tweet @Bayer4CropsUS with the hashtag #GiveASaladBar. Each tweet counts toward a donation. Must include #GiveASaladBar hashtag. (Limit one per day per username)
- Follow Bayer CropScience US on Pinterest and repin or like the special #GiveASaladBar pins. Each repin and like counts toward a donation. (Limit one per day per username)
(Each shared tweet counts toward a donation!)
- I helped #GiveASaladBar to a school with @Bayer4CropsUS by sharing. You can too by retweeting! (Tweet this!)
- Fruit & vegetable bars may lower #foodwaste in school food service programs! via @mnhealth #GiveASaladBar with @Bayer4CropsUS. (Tweet this!)
Help us make positive change for school children across the country. Stay tuned for the announcement of the winning school in March. Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest to join the conversation about #GiveASaladBar!
- Salads can be a good source of fiber so kids feel full for longer & snack less #GiveASaladBar w/ @Bayer4CropsUS. (Tweet this!)
- The @USDA suggests eating 5-13 servings of fruits & veggies a day. Help us #GiveASaladBar with @Bayer4CropsUS. (Tweet this!)
- Now is the time to start making positive change in the way we feed our children. Help #GiveASaladBar w/ @Bayer4CropsUS (Tweet this!)