Bayer Bee Care Center Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary!
Monday, April 27, 2015
Author: Becky Langer
This week we are thrilled to celebrate the first year anniversary of the Bayer Bee Care Center. While the building is only one year old, Bayer has been dedicated to finding solutions to improve honey bee health for the past 25 years. The opening of the Bee Care Center last April has allowed us to deepen and strengthen this commitment – and reach into the community!
We are so proud of all the accomplishments the center has made in just a year. We have enjoyed each and every one of our 3,000+ visitors, including school groups, beekeepers, growers, industry stakeholders and more - as well as everyone we interacted with in our mobile Bee Care Tour across seven US states and one Canadian province. It has been an honor to work with some of the best and brightest minds in bee health to create collaborative and innovative solutions to leave a better world.
Some of the highlights of the last year include:
Meeting visitors from around the country (and the world) excited to learn about bee health (the Narwhals made quite an impression)
- Collaborating with beekeepers to create the Sentinel Hives program, to more efficiently monitor, measure and manage hives
- Developing and testing new technologies, like the Varroa Gate, to help prevent colony re-infestation by Varroa mites during the summer season
- Starting and supporting Feed a Bee, an initiative growing 50 million flowers across the country for pollinator forage
- Forming collaborations, with wonderful groups like Project Apis m., National Wildlife Turkey Foundation, NCDOT and more to support bee health
There are countless other moments and accomplishments that I would like to share with you today – the CARE program
, innovative Fluency Agent
, the Bee Care Community Leadership Award
and ongoing research and development
– but this post is not big enough to fit them all!
We are so proud of the work we have accomplished so far and are excited for a bright future of collaboration and innovation at the Bee Care Center.
To stay connected with Bayer CropScience, learn more about bee health, and participate in the conversation follow us on Twitter, tumblr, and Instagram!