How to Get Involved on #GivingTuesday and Support Ag
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
As we return back to semi-normal schedules after the Thanksgiving holiday, we are reminded of what we are thankful for: our family, our friends, and the food on our tables. It’s been humbling this year to support numerous locally-based organizations working to improve the lives of others, and in the midst of the holiday shopping frenzy, today we are once again reminded to support those in our communities.
This Tuesday, or #GivingTuesday, is a global day of giving driven by the power and reach of social media. The #GivingTuesday organization and the National FFA organization are working together to spread love and support for the FFA organization. Below are a few ways you can contribute on this #GivingTuesday.
1. Making an online donation is simple and convenient. Go to Donate.FFA.org to make a contribution of any size. These donations will support leadership opportunities, educational programs and scholarships.
2. Encourage your business or corporation to make a positive impact in the lives of students through ag education. Reach out to them via email at Foundation@FFA.org.
3. Put that holiday shopping list to good use! Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to FFA when you shop on AmazonSmile.
4. Not sure what to give a family member or friend for the holidays? Gift them with a donation to the National FFA Foundation in their name. You can even designate what program you would like the money to go towards.
5. Our favorite way to show support on #GivingTuesday is by AgVocating! Tell us why you #SupportFFA and the agriculture industry using #AgVocate! You can also download FFA’s social media toolkit to change your profile images and other graphics on Facebook and Twitter.
To learn more about #GivingTuesday and to see if there are any events taking place in your area visit GivingTuesday.org.
Join the conversation on Twitter and Instagram with #GivingTuesday and #AgVocate!