We’re #Thankful4Ag and Thankful for You!
Monday, January 12, 2015
By: Jeff Donald, external communications
This holiday season, we partnered with Feeding America to launch the second annual #Thankful4Ag campaign, a social initiative to help those struggling with food insecurity. We had a goal of providing 200,000 meals to the Feeding America network of food banks, which serve more than 46 million people annually in all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Well, we are proud to say we met that goal – but couldn’t have done it without you!
From Nov. 10 to Dec. 19, #Thankful4Ag was recognized in a number of different ways.
- #Thankful4Ag was shared more than 2,400 times on Twitter and more than 750 times on Facebook.
- Thankful4Ag digital meals were shared by prominent individuals such as Carey Gillam of Reuters and the Peterson Farm Brothers.
- Nearly 300 students and teachers entered a contest to win $5,000 for their school by tweeting #T4AgGrant.
- A Thankful4Ag Ag Fact was shown on Times Square (seen above)
- Thankful4Ag was shared in a number of blogs and videos, including Local Farm Mom, Rancher Girl and Sara’s House, which all featured recipes highlighting traditional Thanksgiving farm to table fare.
- Chef Alli of Kansas City featured the campaign in two segments on Nov. 26 and Dec. 12 and showcased the essential role American farmers play in our worldwide food system.
In addition to being thankful for the many people who created digital meals and shared them on social media, we, at Bayer, are also thankful for our nation’s farmers. American farmers work hard all year round to produce the food we eat every day. Without them, many more Americans would struggle with hunger.
Thanks again for helping us provide 200,000 meals to Feeding America!
This holiday season, we teamed up with Feeding America® to sponsor #Thankful4Ag, a social initiative that provided XX meals to food-insecure families in America. For each digital meal that was created and/or each share of #Thankful4Ag, we donated $1 to Feeding America, which is equivalent to 10 meals* secured for partner food banks.