Join the Swarm and Help Feed a Bee!
What happens when tens of thousands of people and dozens of organizations join together to plant more than 65 million flowers? We create a more colorful and fragrant country and really, really happy bees.
In 2015, over 250,000 people received seeds to provide food for pollinators through Feed a Bee, and we are happy to announce the return of Feed a Bee in 2016. This year, you can join the swarm and help this fun campaign grow even more.
One of the biggest challenges affecting bee health is lack of abundant and diverse food. They may not Instagram their favorites, but bees aren’t all that much different from us – they like to enjoy a variety of foods.
And that’s where you come in! Even if you can’t cook, you can help feed a bee. Here are a few easy steps:
- Visit FeedABee.com. That’s where you can learn more about why feeding bees is important and how you can help. While supplies last, you can order a free pack of wildflower seeds to start feeding bees in your own yard.
- Tweet a Bee. Share the #FeedABee hashtag and the bee emoji on social media and we’ll plant wildflowers on your behalf!
- Plant a garden. Already have a green thumb? Plant your own garden with delicious fruits and veggies or check out this list of great bee-friendly flowers. And, don’t forget to show off your skills on social media with a #FeedABee pic.
- Become a partner. Have a lot of land available for pollinator habitat or a big organization you that wants to join together to feed bees? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share the story. This year, Feed a Bee debuted the official Feed a Bee song and video. Watch as Beatrice Blum and her animated friends spread wildflowers to beautify their world and help pollinators. Don’t forget to join us in sharing Beatrice’s story using #FeedABee
Bees help feed us and the best way we can show thanks is to help feed them. So, what are you waiting on? Come join the swarm and #FeedABee!
We can all play a part in feeding the bees, because when they thrive, we do, too.