For southern growers battling glyphosate-resistant weeds, 12 new Credenz varieties represent expanded LibertyLink trait offering in more maturity groups
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. (February 9, 2015)
– Offering soybean growers even more choices to maximize performance and better battle glyphosate resistant weeds, Bayer CropScience today announced the introduction of 12 new CredenzTM
soybean varieties featuring the LibertyLink®
trait. Specifically tailored for growers in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southern U.S. regions, these new varieties are available immediately for the 2015 growing season.
According to the 2014 Stratus survey, more than half (57.6 percent) of all U.S. growers had glyphosate-resistant weeds in 2014, and resistance was found to be worse in the south, impacting a reported 94.4 percent of Arkansas growers alone.
The new varieties represent relief for growers in the south where there are limited options for combatting glyphosate resistant weeds. Through the new line-up of Credenz varieties, LibertyLink®
will now be more widely available to southern growers in more maturity groups than previously available.
Launched in 2014, Credenz is Bayer CropScience’s first global soybean seed brand and integrates smart genetics and traits to help soybeans grow stronger and heartier under a wide variety of growing conditions. Over the next few years, Bayer CropScience will invest more than $1 billion in R&D annually, helping to fuel the company’s well-filled product pipeline to continue to bring growers new, innovative products to meet their challenges.
“As weed resistance continues to spread, it is more important than ever to ensure growers have a wide range of options in their arsenal to ensure a long-term sustainable approach to integrated weed management on their farm,” said Diego Angelo, global soybean seed marketing manager, Bayer CropScience. “Bayer is committed to driving innovation in the ever-expanding U.S. soybean market, and our smart genetics and traits help soybeans grow stronger under a wide variety of growing conditions.”
These new varieties join the already powerful Credenz portfolio of seeds, which integrate with LibertyLink, the pre-eminent weed management system for tough-to-control weeds, to maximize yields. This expanded varietal selection has characteristics to perform in a variety of soil types and relative maturities ranging from 4 through early group 7, offering growers more options and increased breeding efficiencies.
New varieties include:
- CZ 4818 LL offers excellent sudden death syndrome (SDS) and southern stem canker control and is a late group 4 variety designed for light to heavy soil in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
- CZ 5147 LL is a tall, bushy early group 5 variety that performs very well in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions against frogeye leaf spot, SDS and southern stem canker.
- CZ 5225 LL is an early group 5 variety for the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions with outstanding southern stem canker and phytophthora root rot (PRR) tolerance and great standability.
- CZ 5445 LL is a mid group 5 that offers excellent standability in Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions with high tolerance to frogeye leaf spot and southern stem canker and is good for all row widths.
- CZ 5515 LL is a tall, bushy mid group 5 variety great for early-and-late planting dates and offers superior southern stem canker protection in the Southwest, Mid-South and Southeast regions.
- CZ 5727 LL is a late group 5 that is good on all soil types in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions with outstanding tolerance against frogeye leaf spot, SDS and southern stem canker.
- CZ 5947 LL is a high-yielding late group 5 variety with wide adaptability across the Mid-South to East Coast in light to heavy soils that need protection against frogeye leaf spot, SDS and southern stem canker.
- CZ 6109 LL is an early group 6 variety with excellent standability in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions with superior SDS protection.
- CZ 6316 LL is an early group 6 variety that has good standability for light soils in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions and has high levels of protection against frogeye leaf spot and southern stem canker.
- CZ 6515 LL is a mid group 6 variety that grows well on all row spacings in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions with superior protection against southern stem canker and frogeye leaf spot.
- CZ 7007 LL is a tall and bushy early group variety with excellent southern stem canker and PRR resistance with good standability in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Southwest regions.
- CZ 7132 LL is an early indeterminant group variety that has a good height on heavy soils with outstanding resistance to southern stem canker in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Southwest regions.
“Soybeans are a priority crop for Bayer CropScience. We’re making significant investments to ensure we keep pace with growers’ evolving needs and deliver the best technology to the marketplace at the right time,” said Allen Gent, U.S. soybean product manager, Bayer CropScience. “Our expanded Credenz portfolio and strengthened germplasm base represent strategic moves in that long-term effort.”
Bayer CropScience Twitter Page:
Bayer CropScience Blog:
Bayer CropScience is committed to bringing new technology and solutions for agriculture and non-agricultural uses. For questions concerning the availability and use of products, contact a local Bayer CropScience representative, or visit Bayer CropScience online at www.bayercropscience.us
Visit the Bayer Connect - Social Hub for all Bayer CropScience social media, recent news, blog posts, videos and more.
About Bayer CropScience
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. Bayer CropScience, the subgroup of Bayer AG responsible for the agricultural business, has annual sales of EUR 8,819 million (2013) and is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of seeds, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. The company offers an outstanding range of products including high value seeds, innovative crop protection solutions based on chemical and biological modes of action as well as an extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture. In the area of non-agricultural applications, Bayer CropScience has a broad portfolio of products and services to control pests from home and garden to forestry applications. The company has a global workforce of 22,400 and is represented in more than 120 countries. This and further news is available at: www.press.bayercropscience.com
Bayer CropScience Media Hotline, 1-877-879-6162, or
Tel: (919) 549-2125
Tel: (512) 241-2239
Find more information at www.bayercropscience.us
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
© 2015 Bayer CropScience LP, 2 TW Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Always read and follow label instructions. Bayer (reg’d), the Bayer Cross (reg’d), SeedGrowth™, Poncho®, VOTiVO® and ILeVO® are trademarks of Bayer. This press release is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to promote the sale of these products. Any sale of these products shall be solely on the basis of the EPA approved product label(s), and any claims regarding product safety and efficacy shall be addressed solely by the label(s). For additional product information, call toll-free 1-866-99-BAYER (1-866-992-2937) or visit our website at www.BayerCropScience.us.