COPeO™ Prime is a new seed treatment for cotton that contributes to higher yields under nematode pressure, bringing a new mode of action to the cottonseed treatment market. Exclusively available on Stoneville® and FiberMax® varieties.
- COPeO Prime delivers additional yield potential to both susceptible and nematode-tolerant seed varieties, making it a good fit for any nematode management program.
- For even higher yield potential COPeO Prime can be paired with Aeris® insecticide/nematicide treatment, or with soil-applied technologies like Velum® Total.
Discover the right variety for your field with our Variety Selector Tool.
- Protection from economically significant nematodes including reniform and root-knot nematodes.
- Healthier roots and plants for higher yield potential.
- Increased yield potential both with and without the use of other nematode control measures.
- COPeO™ Prime delivers superior protection where it matters most – at the roots. Even 40 days after planting, the active ingredient can still be found in the roots.
Nematodes and Seedling Diseases: Leading Cotton Yield Robbers
Yield loss to nematodes is more than double the estimated yield loss to seedling diseases, such as Rhizoctonia, Pythium and Thielaviopsis
- Recent yield losses to nematodes across the Cotton Belt have totaled more than 870,000 bales, which equates to over five percent total yield loss.
- The majority of losses were from reniform and root-knot nematodes, which can be found across the entire Cotton Belt.
- Nematode feeding disrupts the plant’s vascular system, decreasing its ability to absorb water and nutrients, causing stunting and wilting.
- Root-knot nematodes also reproduce on corn, soybean and sorghum, making rotation an incomplete solution.
Learn more about the yield-robbing effect of nematodes and how to determine if they are in your field with our Nematode Sampling Guide.
Source: National nematode yield losses on cotton, 2014