Prepare for a Strong Season
Make the most of your soybean seed investment by preparing your seeds for planting. Research shows farmers can enhance seed emergence and vigor through the use of seed treatments.
In fact, soybean seed treatment has risen during the last several years as farmers see how effective seed treatments can be in controlling early yield threats for a healthier, more vigorous crop. When seed treatments are not used, soybeans may be more susceptible to disease, insects and other pathogens like Rhizoctonia, Fusarium, Sudden Death Syndrome and soybean cyst nematode (SCN).
Soybean seeds treated with EverGol® Energy SB emerge quicker and grow faster, resulting in consistently better final crop establishment, the prerequisite for higher yields. This provides your beans with protection from seed, seedling and soil-borne diseases caused by Rhizoctonia solani, Fusarium spp., Pythium spp. and Phomopsis spp. on soybeans.
EverGol® Energy SB Advantages
- Three distinctive modes of action that protect against a broad spectrum of fungal plant pathogens
- Systemic properties protect the soybean seedling as well as the seed
- Fast, reliable and uniform early emergence resulting in better plant stands under disease pressure
- Soybeans treated with EverGol Energy SB are fit and vigorous plants, leading to a more efficient use of water and soil nutrients
Poncho®/VOTiVO® seed treatment protects young plants from pests during the critical early development stages, leading to healthier root development and improved vigor. Poncho/VOTiVO is a powerful seed treatment for your soybean crop that prevents damage before pests can strike.
Applied directly to the seed, its systemic activity is absorbed by new roots immediately, protecting seedlings and roots from numerous insect pests, including early-season aphids, overwintering bean leaf beetles, grape colaspis, seed corn maggots and wireworms.
Poncho/VOTiVO employs a biological mode of action with a unique bacteria strain that lives and grows with young roots, creating a living barrier that keeps yield-robbing soybean nematodes, including reniform, root-knot and soybean cyst nematode, from reaching the root.
Co-apply with Peridiam™ Precise 1010 to ensure seed treatments stay on the seed where they belong in order to maximize appearance and ROI, minimize dust-off and increase plantability.
- Living bacteria grow around roots to prevent nematode damage from SCN and other significant types of nematodes
- Systemic mode of action protects the entire plant during early development, supporting healthier plant establishment
- Controls early-season aphids, overwintering bean leaf beetles and other important early-season insects common in soybeans
- Promotes higher yields through a healthier root system and a more vigorous and uniform crop
- Complements SCN-resistant varieties for extra protection and proper resistance management
Introducing ILeVO,® the first and only seed treatment that protects against Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS) and has activity against nematodes. It protects the soybean root system against the SDS fungus, and it works against nematodes in the seed zone, producing healthier plants with higher yield potential.
SDS is one of the top yield-robbing pests in soybeans. From 2009 to 2014, average losses in the United States were estimated at 43 million bushels per year.* First seen in Arkansas in 1971, this deadly disease has been documented in almost every state where soybeans are grown.
SDS is caused by the fungus Fusarium virguliforme (or Fusarium solani f. sp. glycines), which is a soil-borne fungus that moves from field to field. Once present in a field, the fungus does not go away and can be spread by soil movement to neighboring fields.
Initial infections of SDS occur on the roots and crowns of young soybean seedlings, resulting in Fusarium root rot. Later in the season, the fungus can produce toxins which cause visual symptoms including leaf drop, reduced pod fill, aborted pods and, ultimately, yield loss.
According to 181 trials across the U.S. comparing ILeVO to current fungicidal/insecticidal seed treatments, ILeVO provided a yield benefit ranging from 2–10 bu./acre with yield increasing as foliar symptoms intensify.
With the use of ILeVO, growers see an average yield increase of two bushels per acre even when there are no visual symptoms of SDS.
In addition to managing the impact of SDS on the plant, ILeVO provides activity against nematodes in the seed zone. The payoff is a healthier plant with maximum yield potential.
*“ Estimates of Soybean Yield Reductions Caused by Diseases in the United States,” United Soybean Board, http://extension.cropsciences.illinois.edu/fieldcrops/diseases/yield_reductions.php.
- The first and only seed treatment solution for SDS that has activity against nematodes
- Controls Fusarium root rot at the initial infection site before symptoms become visible
- Complements current genetics, protecting the yield potential of all soybean varieties including SDS-resistant varieties
- Delivers healthier plants for higher yield potential; trials document yield increases even in fields that do not show visual symptoms of SDS