- The Dryland Protection program dates for the 200 to 399 pounds per acre level are March 1, 2017, through March 30, 2018 for Seed Zone CD, CE, CJ, CF and CH.
- Enrollment forms must be submitted by June 30, 2017.
- Claim must be submitted by March 30, 2018.
If a grower’s eligible dryland cotton crop yields from 200 to 399 pounds per acre, grower is reimbursed for the invoiced price of seed, trait, and if applicable Aeris/Trilex Advanced and COPeO Prime seed treatment less $235/bag 220K equivalent unit ($180 per 170K).
Cotton growers who use qualifying products purchased from a Bayer authorized agent (distributor), or sub-agent (retailer).
Payments will be released only to growers who have a valid signed Bayer Grower Technology Agreement and/or a Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement (required for Monsanto-traited seed).
Growers must use sound farm management practices, making every attempt to establish a stand and produce a crop. Growers are encouraged to follow Right Variety. Right Field. Right Yield.™ strategy.
Planting multiple varieties on their farm will increase profit potential and reduce risk.
General Program Requirements:
The program applies only to dryland acres planted with FiberMax and/or Stoneville cotton seed.
Best Management Practices established by University Extension Service for local growing region must have been followed:
- Seeding Rate
- Planting Date
- Weed Control
- Other Acceptable Farming Practices
- Growers must notify the agent / sub-agent, from whom the seed was purchased, of the grower shared risk protection claim.
- Grower must furnish correct mailing addresses with verifying documentation as required on the claims reimbursement form.
- Validation of seed purchases will be conducted prior to processing claim.
- For replant, the agent / sub-agent will contact the local Bayer Sales Representative prior to replant.
- For crop loss, the agent / sub-agent will contact the local Bayer Sales Representative within 10 days of the crop loss.
- All claim forms must be signed by the grower, agent / sub-agent, and sales representative.
- Bayer Sales Representative will verify the need for grower shared risk reimbursement.
- Bayer representative must inspect the field prior to tillage or replanting.
- Claim reimbursement will be mailed to the Bayer Sales Representative, delivered to the agent / sub-agent and made payable to the grower.
- Claims will be audited.
- Bayer shall be the final arbiter as to the cause of loss.
- Grower agrees to allow inspection of field by Bayer representative.
- Growers who plant FiberMax and/or Stoneville with Monsanto technology, e.g., Genuity® Bollgard II and/or Roundup Ready Flex traits must have a valid Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement.
Seed Drop Zones
CD – East Texas
Counties: East Texas: Anderson, Angelina, Aransas, Atascosa, Austin, Bandera, Bastrop, Bee, Bell, Bexar, Blanco, Bosque, Brazoria, Brazos, Brooks, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Calhoun, Cameron, Camp, Chambers, Cherokee, Clay, Collin, Colorado, Comal, Cooke, Coryell, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Dewitt, Dimmit, Duval, Edwards, Ellis, Falls, Fannin, Fayette, Fort Bend, Franklin, Freestone, Frio, Galveston, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Grayson, Gregg, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hardin, Harris, Hays, Henderson, Hidalgo, Hill, Hood, Hopkins, Houston, Hunt, Jack, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jim Hog, Jim Wells, Johnson, Karnes, Kaufman, Kendall, Kenedy, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Kleberg, Lamar, Lampasas, La Salle, Lavaca, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Limestone, Live Oak, McLennan, McMullen, Madison, Mason, Matagorda, Maverick, Medina, Menard, Milam, Montague, Montgomery, Morris, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Nueces, Orange, Palo Pinto, Parker, Polk, Rains, Real, Red River, Refugio, Robertson, Rockwall, Rusk, San Augustine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Smith, Somervell, Starr, Tarrant, Titus, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Uvalde, Val Verde, Van Zandt, Victoria, Walker, Waller, Washington, Webb, Wharton, Willacy, Williamson, Wilson, Wise, Wood, Zapata, Zavala
CE – Oklahoma, West Texas, Kansas, and New Mexico
Counties: Oklahoma: All counties West Texas: Andrews, Archer, Armstrong, Bailey, Baylor, Borden, Brewster, Briscoe, Brown, Callahan, Carson, Castro, Childress, Cochran, Coke, Coleman, Collingsworth, Comanche, Concho, Cottle, Crane, Crockett, Crosby, Culberson, Dallam, Dawson, Deaf Smith, Dickens, Donley, Eastland, Ector, El Paso, Erath, Fisher, Floyd, Foard, Gaines, Garza, Glasscock, Gray, Hale, Hall, Hamilton, Hansford, Hardeman, Hartley, Haskell, Hemphill, Hockley, Howard, Hudspeth, Hutchinson, Irion, Jeff Davis, Jones, Kent, King, Knox, Lamb, Lipscomb, Llano, Loving, Lubbock, Lynn, Martin, McCulloch, Midland, Mills, Mitchell, Moore, Motley, Nolan, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Pecos, Potter, Presidio, Randall, Reagan, Reeves, Roberts, Runnels, San Saba, Schleicher, Scurry, Shackelford, Sherman, Stephens, Sterling, Stonewall, Sutton, Swisher, Taylor, Terrell, Terry, Throckmorton, Tom Green, Upton, Ward, Wheeler, Wichita, Wilbarger, Winkler, Yoakum, Young Kansas: All counties New Mexico: All counties
CF – Western Arizona and Imperial Valley, California
Arizona: All counties except Apache, Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, and Navajo California: Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego
CH – San Joaquin/Sacramento Valley, California
Counties: All California counties except Imperial, Riverside, San Bernadino, San Diego
CJ – Eastern Arizona
Arizona: Apache, Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, and Navajo
BAYER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR WITHDRAW THIS PROGRAM OR ANY PORTION THEREOF WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Reimbursement will not be made on invoices that have been artificially inflated or fabricated. Bayer makes no warranty or guarantee regarding availability of Qualifying Products including specific varieties of product for replanting purposes. All federal, state or local taxes on payments received under this program are the sole responsibility of the payment recipient, individuals, or reseller, and not of Bayer, its parent company, or its agents. Fraudulent reporting of sales and product use are grounds for withholding or invalidating all program money. Bayer reserves the right to verify all claims for allowances under this program, and in matters of discrepancy, reserves the right of final decision. Bayer reserves the right to debit payments from future programs or collect amounts directly from growers if errors are discovered after payments have been issued.
Fraudulent claims hotline: 1-877-976-8286. Your call is anonymous and will help maintain the integrity of Bayer programs for those who qualify appropriately.
Bollgard II, Genuity and Roundup Ready are registered trademarks of Monsanto.