Pod Shatter Reduction
Pod Shatter Reduction hybrids from InVigor minimize lost yield due to environmental conditions such as late-season moisture and wind events that prematurely split pods and shell seeds. Additional features include:
- Designed to minimize pod drop and shatter losses
- Offers the flexibility to consider straight cutting or delayed swathing for canola harvest
- Consistently yields well, even under stressful growing conditions
- Is mid-height with good standability
- Has superior blackleg resistance rating
- Is ideally suited across northern canola growing regions and areas where straight cutting canola is common practice
- Fits into an effective weed resistance management plan with LibertyLink and Liberty herbicide.
Straight cutting and delayed swathing allows pods to fill for a longer period of time, resulting in larger seeds, a fuller pod and potential for lower green seed counts.
This technology may also reduce the amount of volunteer canola in your fields by ensuring the seeds end up in your combine hopper at harvest, minimizing management challenges in future growing seasons.
The Pod Shatter Difference
Canola pod from a canola variety without tolerance to pod shatter.
InVigor canola pod with pod shatter tolerance.
The pod with pod shatter tolerance does not have the defined lines where the pod comes together. This “knitting” of the separation provides the shatter tolerance.
Pod Shatter Pod Drop Reduction after a wind event
Pod Shatter Reduction Hybrid