Conditions of Crop Loss Coverage
Failed acres must qualify for coverage under the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Program.
- Required documentation must include:
- FSA Form 576, or PRODUCTION WORKSHEET/PROOF OF LOSS
- Original purchase invoice copy
- Signed claim form
- All Stoneville and FiberMax varieties are eligible.
- Premium seed treatment is not reimbursable on a Crop Loss claim.
- Affected acres cannot be replanted back to cotton and must be destroyed.
- Crop must be destroyed after submitting a claim and validated by a Bayer representative.
Coverage for Trait Technology:
If grower’s cotton crop is lost and is destroyed and cannot be replanted, the Bayer Shared Risk Crop Loss program protects grower’s trait investment, including:
- TwinLink Plus
- Roundup Ready Flex
- Bollgard II
Coverage for Input Products:
- Liberty reimbursement up to use rate of 58 ounces of Liberty per acre – minimum purchase of 20 gallons of Liberty in 2017.
- Velum Total reimbursement up to use rate of 14 ounces of Velum Total per acre.
Cotton growers who use qualifying products purchased from a Bayer authorized agent (distributor), or sub-agent (retailer).
Payments will be released only to growers who have a valid signed Bayer Grower Technology Agreement and/or a Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement (required for Monsanto-traited seed).
Growers must use sound farm management practices, making every attempt to establish a stand and produce a crop. Growers are encouraged to follow Right Variety. Right Field. Right Yield.™ strategy.
Planting multiple varieties on their farm will increase profit potential and reduce risk.
General Program Requirements:
The program applies only to acres planted to FiberMax and/or Stoneville cotton seed. Best Management Practices established by University Extension Service for local growing region must have been followed:
- Seeding Rate
- Planting Date
- Weed Control
- Other Acceptable Farming Practices
- Growers must notify the agent/sub-agent, from whom the seed was purchased, of the grower shared risk claim.
- Grower must furnish correct mailing addresses with verifying documentation as required on the claims reimbursement form.
- Validation of seed purchases will be conducted prior to processing claim.
- For replant, the agent/sub-agent will contact the local Bayer sales representative prior to replant.
- For crop loss, the agent/sub-agent will contact the local Bayer Sales Representative within 10 days of the crop loss.
- Bayer Sales Representatives must submit within 2 weeks subsequent to published deadline dates.
- Replant: June 30, 2017
- Crop Loss: August 31, 2017
- Dryland Protection less than 750 lbs.: March 30, 2018
- All claim forms must be signed by the grower, agent/sub-agent, and sales representative.
- Bayer Sales Representative will verify the need for grower shared risk reimbursement.
- Bayer representative must inspect the field prior to tillage or replanting.
- Claim reimbursement will be mailed to the Bayer Sales Representative, delivered to the agent/sub-agent and made payable to the grower.
- Claims will be audited.
- Bayer shall be the final arbiter as to the cause of loss.
- Grower agrees to allow inspection of field by Bayer representative.
- Growers who plant FiberMax and/or Stoneville with Monsanto technology, e.g., Genuity® Bollgard II and/or Roundup Ready Flex traits, must have a valid Monsanto Technology Stewardship agreement.
Seed Drop Zones
CA – Northern Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee
Counties: Northern Arkansas: Baxter, Benton, Boone, Carroll, Clay, Cleburne, Conway, Craighead, Crawford, Crittenden, Cross, Faulkner, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Johnson, Lawrence, Logan, Madison, Marion, Mississippi, Newton, Poinsett, Pope, Randolph, Saint Francis, Searcy, Sebastian, Sharp, Stone, Van Buren, Washington, White, Woodruff Missouri: All counties Tennessee: Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dryer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Houston, Humphreys, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Perry, Shelby, Robertson, Stewart, Tipton, Weakley
CB – Georgia, Florida, and Southern Alabama
Counties: Georgia: All counties except Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Dade, Dawson, Elbert, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Morgan, Murray, Oconee, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, Walton, White, Whitfield Florida: All counties Southern Alabama: Autauga, Baldwin, Barbour, Bibb, Bullock, Butler, Chambers, Chilton, Choctaw, Clarke, Coffee, Conecuh, Coosa, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Dallas, Elmore, Escambia, Geneva, Greene, Hale, Henry, Houston, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Marengo, Mobile, Monroe, Montgomery, Perry Pike, Russell, Sumter, Tallapoosa, Washington, Wilcox
CC – Louisiana, Mississippi, Southern Arkansas, and East Texas
Counties: Louisiana: All counties Mississippi: All counties Southern Arkansas: Arkansas, Ashley, Bradley, Calhoun, Chicot, Clark, Cleveland, Columbia, Dallas, Desha, Drew, Garland, Grant, Hempstead, Hot Spring, Howard, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lee, Lincoln, Little River, Lonoke, Miller, Monroe, Montgomery, Nevada, Ouachita, Perry, Phillips, Pike, Polk, Prairie, Pulaski, Saline, Scott, Sevier, Union, Yell East Texas: Bowie, Cass, Harrison, Marion, Newton, Panola, Sabine, Shelby
CG – Northern Alabama, Middle Tennessee, and Northern Georgia
Counties: Northern Alabama: Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Colbert, Cullman, De Kalb, Etowah, Fayette, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Morgan, Pickens, Randolph, Saint Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker, Winston Middle Tennessee: Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Lawrence, Lincoln, Moore, Rutherford, Wayne Northern Georgia: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Dade, Dawson, Elbert, Fannin, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Morgan, Murray, Oconee, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walker, Walton, White, Whitfield
CI – North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia
Counties: North Carolina: All counties South Carolina: All counties Virginia: All counties
BAYER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR WITHDRAW THIS PROGRAM OR ANY PORTION THEREOF WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Reimbursement will not be made on invoices that have been artificially inflated or fabricated. Bayer makes no warranty or guarantee regarding availability of Qualifying Products including specific varieties of product for replanting purposes. All federal, state or local taxes on payments received under this program are the sole responsibility of the payment recipient, individuals, or reseller, and not of Bayer, its parent company, or its agents. Fraudulent reporting of sales and product use are grounds for withholding or invalidating all program money. Bayer reserves the right to verify all claims for allowances under this program, and in matters of discrepancy, reserves the right of final decision. Bayer reserves the right to debit payments from future programs or collect amounts directly from growers if errors are discovered after payments have been issued.
Fraudulent claims hotline: 1-877-976-8286. Your call is anonymous and will help maintain the integrity of Bayer programs for those who qualify appropriately.
Bollgard II, Genuity and Roundup Ready are registered trademarks of Monsanto Company.