is the answer for growers looking for strong disease management characteristics in a variety with exceptional yield potential. A strong performer in dryland or under irrigation, this variety offers exceptional yield potential, good fiber quality and very high lint turnout. Growers familiar with ST 4946GLB2 can step into ST 4949GLT, which thrives under similar management.
- Exceptional yield potential
- Good fiber quality
- Very high lint percent
- Intermediate Verticillium wilt tolerance
- Liberty® and glyphosate herbicide tolerant
- Lepidopteran resistant
Eastern Cotton Belt and East Texas
Comparative Fiber Quality
||BACTERIAL BLIGHT RESISTANCE
||PLANT REGULATOR REQUIREMENTS
|“We’re really excited about the yield potential of Stoneville 4949GLT and Stoneville 4848GLT. What we see is improved yield potential and higher lint percent above Stoneville 4946GLB2 and Stoneville 4747GLB2. Also, the management styles that the growers have learned for Stoneville 4946GLB2 and Stoneville 4747GLB2 will make it easy to transition to these new varieties. We’re really excited to have new higher-yielding varieties with 100% Bayer traits with the GlyTol LibertyLink TwinLink technology.”
Lucas Owen, Bayer Agronomist
Hear about a variety you might want?
- You can learn more at Stoneville.com.
- You can also learn more about GlyTol, LibertyLink and TwinLink.
- Pick up the Variety Selector Tool to decide which Stoneville® varieties offer the highest yield potential in each of your fields.
*Storm Tolerance Rating Scale: 9 very storm-tolerant; 0 very loose.
††Initial testing based on limited results.