Worm and Pest Control with TwinLink and TwinLink Plus
TwinLink® Plus and TwinLink cotton technology deliver season-long Bt protection against worm pests and contain multiple Bayer proprietary Bt genes that provide effective management of major lepidopteran pests, such as tobacco budworm, pink bollworm, fall armyworm, cotton bollworm and beet armyworm. TwinLink Plus contains three Bayer proprietary Bt genes; TwinLink contains two Bayer proprietary Bt genes.
TwinLink cotton technology is now available to U.S. cotton growers in high-yielding, high-quality FiberMax® and Stoneville® cotton seed varieties. FiberMax and Stoneville plan to release high-performing TwinLink Plus cotton varieties in 2017.
Upgrade Resistance Management with TwinLink Plus, Three-Gene Protection
Key benefits of TwinLink Plus include:
- Season-long, three-gene Bt protection against worm pests
- Three Bt proteins for greater technology durability and improved insect resistance management
- Improved control over cotton bollworm and armyworms, including fall armyworm, compared to two-gene Bt technologies
- Decreased likelihood of supplemental applications to control worm pests as a result of enhanced three-gene activity
Proven Two-Gene Worm Control with TwinLink
Key benefits of TwinLink include:
- Broad-spectrum lepidopteran insect control comparable to Genuity® Bollgard II®
- Complete control of tobacco budworm and pink bollworm
- Reduced bollworm damage through superior bollworm protection
- Significant reduction in damage caused by armyworms
Management Tools Packaged for Performance
TwinLink Plus and TwinLink are packaged with the GlyTol® and LibertyLink® traits, the GLT and GLTP trait packages offered in FiberMax and Stoneville varieties. With GLT and GLTP, growers reap the benefit of full in-season tolerance to Liberty® herbicide and glyphosate combined with industry-leading lepidopteran resistance. GLT and GLTP give growers the flexibility:
- To choose the herbicide application that best fits their cotton-growing conditions and farm management practices
- To rotate herbicide sites of action to control weeds effectively and reduce the potential of weed resistance
Bayer is committed to implementing effective Insect Resistance Management (IRM) programs for TwinLink Plus, TwinLink and future traits that provide insect tolerance to crops. The TwinLink Plus and TwinLink IRM plans have three major components: effective doses of multiple insecticidal proteins; good Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices; and effective refuge.
Key Benefits of GLT and GLTP Trait Packages include:
- Greater efficiency and flexibility for weed and insect control that allows growers to make the right decisions for their farms
- A wide application window for over-the-top applications of glyphosate or Liberty herbicide products
- Herbicide-tolerant traits with proven efficacy and crop safety
Bollgard II and Genuity are registered trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC.
One Click Away Resources