Acceleron® Use and Mixing
The instructions for use and mixing described below are from the Environmental Protection Agency approved Federal Label. Please click on 'Labels / MSDS' in the left hand navigation for special or state label instructions. Always read and follow label instructions.
Acceleron B-360 ST
- MIXING INSTRUCTIONSAdd 1/2 to 2/3 of the required water to the treatment slurry tank followed by any accompanying seed treatment products and Acceleron B-360 ST. The order of product addition is dependent on the accompanying seed treatment products and application equipment used. Allow each slurry component to disperse completely prior to the next addition until a uniform suspension is obtained. After all slurry components have been added and dispersed completely, add the remaining 1/2 to 1/3 of required water for proper slurry volume and mix until uniform. Maintain adequate agitation until treatment slurry is applied.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)All mixers, loaders, applicators, and other handlers must wear long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes, socks and gloves.Follow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
- Acceleron B-360 ST may be used in combination with other registered seed treatment products, including Acceleron Seed Applied Solutions. Pre-check for compatibility with other seed treatment products.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil or water is: coveralls, chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material, and shoes plus socks.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category A on an EPA chemical resistance category selection chart.All mixers, loaders, applicators, flaggers, and other handlers must wear:- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants,- Shoes and socks,- Chemical-resistant gloves (such as natural rubber).
- This product can be tank-mixed with other properly labeled cottonseed protectants for Pythium control.
- Prepare no more mixture of Acceleron DX-109 than is needed for immediate treating. Add 3/4 of the required volume of water to the mix tank. With agitation running, add the required amount of Acceleron DX-109 in the tank along with other seed treatment components. Add the remaining 1/4 amount of the required volume of water. Use with mixing sequence that follows. Agitate thoroughly before and during application.
- Some materials that are chemically resistant to this product are listed below. For more options, refer to Category A on an EPA chemical-resistance category selection chart.Applicators and other handlers must wear:- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants- Chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material (such as nitrile, butyl, neoprene and/or barrier laminate)- Shoes plus socks- Handlers involved in multiple commercial seed treatment activities must wear: a dust-mist respirator with MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-21 or any N,R,P, or HE filter.Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
- Acceleron DX-109 fungicide seed treatment with Tank Mix PartnersAcceleron DX-109 mixes easily with water and other waterbased seed treatments manufactured by Monsanto Company.When using Acceleron DX-109 in a tank mixture with other seed treatment products, observe all directions for use, crops/sites, use rates, dilution ratios, precautions, and limitations that appear on the tank mix partner label. Label dosage or application rate must not be exceeded, and the most restrictive label precautions and limitations must be followed. Acceleron DX-109 must not be mixed with any product that prohibits such mixing. All applications must be made according to the use directions.When mixing Acceleron DX-109 with products from other manufacturers, test the compatibility prior to use by conducting a jar test as follows:1. Mix all intended seed treatments with the appropriate amount of water in a clear glass container.2. Mix well and allow to sit for one hour.3. Remix and observe for incompatibility.Physical compatibility is only part of compatibility. Testing also needs to be done with the seed to make sure the combination of products does not have detrimental effects on the seed.Tank Mixing Instructions1. Add 3/4 of the required amount of water to the mix tank and turn on the agitation. Mechanical agitation is preferred.2. Follow the following mixing sequence: dye or colorant, wettable powders, soluble powders, flowable formulations, emulsifiable concentrates, and remaining 1/4 of the required water. The 1/4 of the required water as the last item for addition to the premix tank can be used as rinsate for the chemical container or to adjust the total slurry to compensate for water displacement by powdered products.3. Maintain agitation until the entire slurry mixture has been used.4. Ensure that seed is dry prior to bagging.
- Shake Acceleron IX-409 Insecticide Seed Treatment thoroughly before use.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water, is: coveralls, chemical resistant gloves, shoes plus socks, protective eyewear.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category C on an EPA chemical resistance category selection chart.Applicators and other handlers must wear: Long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks and shoes and chemical-resistant gloves (such as nitrile, butyl, neoprene, barrier laminate, polyvinyl chloride or Viton). Follow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning/maintainingPPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
- Mix thoroughly before use or use entire container at one time. Pre-test all tank mixes to determine physical compatibility between formulations. Observe all cautions and limitations on labeling of all products used in mixtures.
Always read and follow label instructions. Not all products are registered for use in every state. Please check with Bayer or your local Lead State Agency for product registration status. If you wish to find out if a product is registered in your state or for additional product information, send us an email
or call 1-866-99-BAYER.