About the Learning Center
At a Glance
- Gothenburg, Nebraska
- 324-acre research farm
- Average annual rainfall of 23 inches
- Soil type is a silt loam
What will I see during a visit to the Learning Center?
At the Gothenburg Water Utilization Learning Center, you will see our tailored solutions approach in helping farmers manage and maximize the value of water. These components include native genes selected through traditional plant breeding, the additive impact of biotech traits, the value of a robust crop protection portfolio, the impact of agronomic components on the system, and the power of digital tools. These areas provide our customers with the best opportunity for a successful harvest.
Also at the Learning Center
- History of corn demonstration
- Diversity of the Bayer global corn germplasm
- Short corn
- SmartStax and future insect trait technologies
Corn Agronomic Systems
- Planting population, row configuration, residue and irrigation management
- Managing stress in corn
- Demonstrating agronomic inputs that can bring value
Soybean Systems Soybean traits
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend and XtendFlex Soybeans — breadth and depth of varieties
- Comparison of weed control across trait platforms
Soybean Agronomic Systems
- Managing stress in soybeans
- Insect and disease management strategies
- Planting population, row spacing and weed management
Research and Demonstrations
- A systems-based approach to help farmers manage drought
- Water utilization over the decades
- Corn Product by plant population characterization under various irrigation regimes
- Irrigation management options for limited well capacity, and water allocations
The Drought Management Journey
- What decisions can farmers make in winter to effectively manage drought?
- What decisions can farmers make in the growing season to effectively manage drought?
- What tools will be available in the future to manage drought?
- Climate FieldView™ platform and its potential value to an operation
- Herbicide, fungicide, and insecticide options to help protect plant health
Contact the Gothenburg Learning Center
Gothenburg, NE Learning Center / Bayer Water Utilization Learning Center
76268 Highway 47
Gothenburg, NE 69138