Welcome to the winter wheat resource hub. Our insights, expertise and product information are designed to provide you with the latest news and innovations from Bayer to help you maximize the winter wheat season.
Click here for a visual guide to show you which products can be most effective throughout the various growth stages of spring wheat.
Top 10 Tips for Winter Wheat Yields
Best management practices go a long way when planting winter wheat. These top 10 tips can help growers add bushels and profits.
Winter Wheat Product Portfolio
Here, you can explore our innovative crop protection products for winter wheat to learn more about the key weeds, pests and diseases they defend against.
- Consistently Better Crop Establishment
- Improved Rooting System
- Resistance Management
- Gaucho® 600
- Gaucho improves plant health, leading to higher yield
- Convenient; applied to the seed by your seed supplier
- Protection from thrips and plant bugs
- Keeps aphid populations below the economic threshold for up to 65 days
- Reduces early season damage caused by bean leaf beetles and seed corn maggots
- Controls insects that spread viruses, like bean pod mottle and soybean mosaic viruses
- Easy on beneficial insects
- Gaucho® XT
- Proven, low-dose, seed-applied, all-in-one systemic insecticide/fungicide for wheat, oats, rye and barley
- Excellent disease package with the benefit of two fungicides for early season protection against Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, root rots, smuts, and early season suppression of powdery mildew and leaf rusts
- A "plant protectant" that delivers long-lasting insecticidal protection that moves within the plant tissues and protects against damage caused by aphids, wireworms and early season Hessian fly
- Raxil® PRO MD
- New Generation Technology
- Disease Protection
- Strong Emergence
- Raxil® PRO MD
- Complete Protection
- Convenience of Handling
- Plant Growth Promotion
- Improved leaf spot and soilborne efficacy compared to Stratego® fungicide
- More concentrated formula with low use rate
- Contains a systemic triazole plus a strobilurin with "locked-in" activity
- Provides systemic activity inside the leaf and surface activity on spores
- Rainfast in 30 minutes
- Competitively priced
- Fights Scab
- Protects Against Disease
- Stratego® YLD
- Proven Disease Control
- Higher Yield Potential
- Tankmix Compatibility
- Low-Use Rate
- Axiom contains two active ingredients with different modes of action for a two-pronged approach to control many grass and small-seeded broadleaf weeds in winter wheat, making Axiom a perfect tool to fight both ALS or ACC-ase resistant weeds
- Using Axiom followed by Osprey® herbicide in an IWM approach provides an exceptional resistance management tool in winter wheat
- Multiple effective SOAs (group 6 and 27) with leading safener technology, controlling broadleaf weeds including those resistant to other chemistries
- Rotational flexibility, particularly in the PNW
- Used on winter wheat, spring wheat, barley and sorghum
- Makes an excellent tankmix partner with several grass herbicides and insecticides
- Huskie® FX
- Resistance Management Tool
- Broad Spectrum Control
- Enhanced Kochia Control
- One Simple Solution
- Flexible use pattern (pre and post)
- Effective control of downy brome, Japanese brome, foxtail barley and true cheatgrass
- Cost-effective tankmix partner
- Dependable control of Italian ryegrass, wild oats, downy brome and other tough grasses
- Control of certain broadleaf weeds, including canola and mustards
- Wide application window, allowing for optimal herbicide application timing
- Flexible crop rotation with no carryover risk
- Roundup PowerMAX® 3
- With the highest concentration of glyphosate acid equivalent-per-gallon, 4.8 lb. A.E. per gallon, in the U.S. market, farmers can spray more acres per gallon1 and retailers can optimize storage capabilities. 1 Compared to other glyphosate-based herbicides with lower A.E. per gallon and higher use rates in equivalent package sizes.
- Contains a new proprietary surfactant blend that enables fast absorption, resulting in translocation throughout the plant, including the root system, for consistent weed control.
- Rest easy knowing your crops are safe with proprietary CROPSHIELD® technology from Bayer.
- Roundup PowerMAX 3 Herbicide comes with a 30 minute rainfast warranty.
- RT 3®
- Includes a proprietary surfactant system for improved weed control in tough conditions
- Available in high-quality, returnable and reusable containers
- Flexible application window across wide range of crops
- Reduces disposal issues on the farm
- Department of Transportation (DOT) approved
- Rainfast in 1 hour
- Baythroid® XL
- Broad Label
- Consistent Performance
- Flexible Application
- Non-Closed Systems
Managing Tough-to-control Kochia
Recommended for You
Get Emails from Bayer
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Roundup Technology® includes glyphosate-based herbicide technologies.
Baythroid® XL is a restricted use pesticide. Not all products are registered in all states and may be subject to use restrictions. The distribution, sale, or use of an unregistered pesticide is a violation of federal and/or state law and is strictly prohibited. Check with your local dealer or representative for the product registration status in your state. Absolute®, Axiom®, Bayer, Bayer Cross, Baythroid®, EverGol®, Gaucho®, Huskie®, Olympus®, Osprey®, Prosaro®, Raxil®, Roundup Technology®, Roundup®, RT 3 Powered by Roundup Technology and Design® and Stratego® are registered trademarks of Bayer Group. For additional product information call toll-free 1-866-99-BAYER (1-866-992-2937) or visit our website at www.BayerCropScience.us. Bayer CropScience LP, 800 North Lindbergh Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63167. ©2021 Bayer Group. All rights reserved.