Serenade® ASO fungicide is a powerful tool designed to protect against the effects of soil and foliar bacterial and fungal diseases. Applied at planting or through chemigation-, Serenade quickly builds a disease-protection zone around the seed or transplant. Applied as a foliar spray, Serenade ASO protects crops against diseases; both applications result in higher yields.
- Effective Control – Directly attacks diseases in the soil including Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium, and some strains of Phytophthora.
- Active Protection – Activates natural plant defenses by priming systemic responses, promoting growth and stress resistance.
- Flexible Application – Can be tankmixed with other in-furrow products like fungicides or fertilizers and applied using existing spray or chemigation equipment.
- Unique Mode of Action – Serenade ASO can be used in programs with other fungicides to help prevent the development of fungicide resistance.
- Trade Flexibility – Exempt from the requirements of residue tolerance.
The active ingredient in Serenade ASO fungicide, Bacillus subtilis strain QST 713, is a beneficial soil bacterium. A master of root colonization, B. subtilis strain QST 713, as formulated in the Serenade ASO fungicide, can quickly build a dense biofilm on plant roots. The biofilm acts as a protective barrier shielding roots from diseases in the soil. The beneficial bacteria in Serenade ASO produce fungicidal and antibacterial metabolites that are present in the product when applied and can be produced in the soil during root colonization. These chemicals:
- Kill diseases
- Activate natural plant defenses
- Promote plant growth
- Increase the efficiency of photosynthesis
- Improve nutrient uptake