Preceon Smart Corn System
The Preceon™ Smart Corn System: The Next Evolution of Corn Production
The Next Evolution Of Corn Production
The Preceon™ Smart Corn System from Bayer and the introduction of short stature corn hybrids (within the system) through breeding innovations will mark a transformation in how corn is produced. This innovation will be a game changer and will help farmers manage risks and unlock yield potential in the face of ever-shifting challenges.
1. SYSTEM OVERVIEW
The Preceon™ Smart Corn System works by combining three innovative elements into one working system:
- Short stature corn hybrids offer strong protection against the elements and greater application flexibility.
- FieldView™ digital insights give data-driven recommendations to optimize performance in the field.
- Tailored hands-on support from Bayer and participating Dealers and Seedsmen will bring farmers reliable support to help maximize the Preceon Smart Corn System.
2. FEATURES & BENEFITS
Helping You Aim High
At the heart of the Preceon™ Smart Corn System are short stature corn hybrids (part of the Preceon Smart Corn System) that are designed to P.A.Y. farmers back by delivering:
Standing Tall Against Challenges
Corn farmers face many hurdles, including pressure from weeds, insects, diseases, and unpredictable weather conditions that have increased in frequency and severity. How do you deal with these oversized challenges? With short stature corn features that add up to big benefits.
- The target plant height of short stature corn hybrids will be ≤ 7 feet versus 9-12 feet for a traditional corn hybrid.
- Shorter height allows for more flexible timing and the ability to use ground application of other crop inputs, like fungicides, insecticides and nitrogen.
- Target ear height will be ≥ 2 feet to maintain compatibility with standard harvest equipment.
- Ear size is similar to that of current corn hybrids.
- Due to improved plant standability, they will allow farmers to explore higher planting densities, providing the potential to produce more on every acre.
3. FEATURED CONTENT
Hear the benefits of the Preceon™ Smart Corn System directly from the experts in this series of short videos.
Higher Yield Potential
Answers to Your Trait Questions
More Than A Rewards Program
Preceon™ Smart Corn System including short stature corn developed through traditional breeding is expected to be available, subject to final commercialization decisions, for planting in the 2024 growing season. Short stature corn developed through biotechnology is not currently available for commercial sale or commercial planting. Commercialization is dependent on multiple factors, including successful conclusion of the regulatory process. The information presented herein is provided for educational purposes only, and is not and shall not be construed as an offer to sell.