Use & Mixing
The instructions for use and mixing described below are from the Environmental Protection Agency approved Federal Label. Please click on 'Labels / MSDS' in the left hand navigation for special or state label instructions. Always read and follow label instructions.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas (that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water), is:- Coveralls- Chemical resistant gloves made of any waterproof material.- Shoes plus socks.
- Applicators and other handlers must wear:- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants.- Chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material such as polyethylene or polyvinyl chloride.- Shoes plus socks
- Tank Mixtures for Disease Control- This product may be tank mixed or used sequentially with fungicides registered for use on wheat.Tank Mixtures for Insect Control- LUXXUR A HERBICIDE may be tank mixed or used sequentially with insecticides registered for use on wheat. However, under certain conditions (drought stress, or if the crop is in the 2-4 leaf stage), tank mixes of LUXXUR A HERBICIDE with organophosphate insecticides (such as Lorsban) may produce temporary crop yellowing, or, in severe cases, crop injury. The potential for crop injury is greatest when wide fluctuations in day/night temperatures occur just prior to or soon after application. Test these mixtures in a small area before treating large areas.MIXING INSTRUCTIONS1. Add one-third of the necessary volume of water to the spray tank.2. With the agitator running, add the required amount of LUXXUR A HERBICIDE. Ensure that the herbicide is completely dissolved before adding other components of the tank mix.3. When LUXXUR A HERBICIDE is completely dissolved, add the required amount of the appropriate tank mix partners.4. Specific Tank Mix Instructions:LUXXUR A HERBICIDE + LUXXUR B HERBICIDE: once LUXXUR A HERBICIDE is completely dissolved, add the required amount of LUXXUR B HERBICIDE, then add required amount of non-ionic surfactant or ammonium sulphate last.5. Add the rest of the water. If an antifoam agent is required, add this last.6. Use a minimum spray volume of 5 GPA for aerial and 10 GPA for ground applications.7. Fill tank with fresh water as described in step 1, and continue as directed. Emulsifiable concentrates may make it more difficult to dissolve LUXXUR A HERBICIDE8. If the spray preparation is left standing without agitation, thoroughly agitate to resuspend the tank mixture before spraying. Use spray preparation of LUXXUR A HERBICIDE Tank Mix within 24 hours or product degradation may occur.
- Reentry PPE
- PPE required for early entry to treated areas (that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated, such as plants, soil, or water), is:- Coveralls- Socks- Shoes- Chemical-resistant gloves made of barrier laminate or viton >= 14 mils.- Protective eyewear
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)Applicators and other handlers must wear:- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants- Socks- Shoes- Chemical-resistant gloves made of materials made of barrier laminate or viton >= 14 mils.USER SAFETY REQUIREMENTSFollow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
- CompatibilityIf LUXXUR B HERBICIDE is to be tank mixed with liquid fertilizers or other pesticides, compatibility should be tested prior to mixing. To test for compatibility, use a small container and mix a small amount (0.5 to 1 qt) of spray, combining all ingredients in the same ratio as the anticipated use. If any indications of physical incompatibility develop, do not use this mixture for spraying. Indications of incompatibility usually will appear within 5-15 minutes after mixing. Read and follow all parts of the label of each tank-mix product.Order of MixingLUXXUR B HERBICIDE must be applied with clean and properly calibrated equipment. Prior to adding LUXXUR B HERBICIDE to the spray tank, ensure that the spray tank, filters and nozzles have been thoroughly cleaned. In-line strainers and nozzle screens should be 50 mesh or coarser.1. Fill the spray tank 1/4 to 1/2 full with clean water and begin agitation or bypass.2. Add the specified rate of LUXXUR B HERBICIDE directly to the spray tank. Maintain sufficient agitation during both mixing and application. DO NOT pre-slurry by adding any quantity of LUXXUR B HERBICIDE to a small amount of water.3. Add a listed tank mix partner, if desired.4. Fill the spray tank with balance of water needed.5. Continue agitation during LUXXUR B HERBICIDE application to ensure uniform spray coverage.NOTE: LUXXUR B HERBICIDE may settle if left standing without agitation. If the spray solution is allowed to stand for one hour or more, re-agitate the spray solution for a minimum of 10 minutes before application.
Always read and follow label instructions. Not all products are registered for use in every state. Please check with Bayer or your local Lead State Agency for product registration status. If you wish to find out if a product is registered in your state or for additional product information, send us an email
or call 1-866-99-BAYER.