Welcome to the sorghum resource hub. Stay connected to hear from our experts in the fields on the most important agronomic issues, latest news and innovative solutions for all thing's sorghum related.
Click here for a visual guide outlining which Bayer products are most effective throughout the various growth stages of sorghum season to choose what best fits your needs.
Top 8 Tips for Grain Sorghum Yields
While there are many factors involved in achieving top yields, these tips can help to produce the best grain sorghum (milo) for increased yield potential.
Sorghum Product Portfolio
Need help deciding what solutions fit best in your sorghum operation? Check out our broad portfolio of seed and crop protection products to help maximize yield potential.
- Gaucho improves plant health, leading to higher yield
- Convenient; applied to the seed by your seed supplier
- Protection from thrips and plant bugs
- Keeps aphid populations below the economic threshold for up to 65 days
- Controls a wide range of key grasses and broadleaf weeds, including barnyardgrass, foxtail species, waterhemp and lambsquarters
- Application and tank-mixing flexibility from preplant to early postemergence applications in corn up to 11 inches
- Weed control outlasts Bicep II MAGNUM® by up to 15 days
- Low viscosity for easy handling
- Multiple effective SOAs (group 6 and 27) with leading safener technology, controlling broadleaf weeds including those resistant to other chemistries
- Rotational flexibility, particularly in the PNW
- Used on winter wheat, spring wheat, barley and sorghum
- Makes an excellent tankmix partner with several grass herbicides and insecticides
- Resistance Management Tool
- Broad Spectrum Control
- Enhanced Kochia Control
- One Simple Solution
- With the highest concentration of glyphosate acid equivalent-per-gallon, 4.8 lb. A.E. per gallon, in the U.S. market, farmers can spray more acres per gallon1 and retailers can optimize storage capabilities. 1 Compared to other glyphosate-based herbicides with lower A.E. per gallon and higher use rates in equivalent package sizes.
- Contains a new proprietary surfactant blend that enables fast absorption, resulting in translocation throughout the plant, including the root system, for consistent weed control.
- Rest easy knowing your crops are safe with proprietary CROPSHIELD® technology from Bayer.
- Roundup PowerMAX 3 Herbicide comes with a 30 minute rainfast warranty.
- Includes a proprietary surfactant system for improved weed control in tough conditions
- Available in high-quality, returnable and reusable containers
- Flexible application window across wide range of crops
- Reduces disposal issues on the farm
- Acetochlor-based residual herbicide for use in cotton, soybeans, corn, sugar beets, alfalfa, safened grain sorghum and peanuts
- Bayer’s unique microencapsulation technology provides improved crop safety potential with pre-emergence and postemergence applications
- Up to 30 days of strong residual control of small-seeded broadleaf weeds and grasses
- Excellent tank-mix partner with Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides
- Premium formulation that includes Transorb II Technology
- Transorb II Technology delivers a lethal dose of weed-killing power within minutes for unsurpassed weed control in tough conditions, on tough weeds
- 22% higher surfactant loading than the competition
- Sivanto precisely targets key damaging sucking pests with long-lasting residual activity while helping safeguard beneficial insects
- Sivanto offers flexible application methods and timing, and is compatible with a broad range of beneficial insects, making it a good fit for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs
- Sivanto is the first insecticide in the newly created IRAC subgroup 4D, the Butenolides, and has shown excellent control of neonicotinoid-resistant aphids and whiteflies in U.S. field trials
- Broad Label
- Consistent Performance
- Flexible Application
- Non-Closed Systems
Consider Planting SorghumBret Koops, Bayer field sales representative, discusses why Kansas growers should consider planting sorghum for the 2021 growing season
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Roundup Technology® includes glyphosate-based herbicide technologies.
Baythroid® XL and Degree Xtra® are restricted-use pesticides. Not all products are registered in all states and may be subject to use restrictions. The distribution, sale, or use of an unregistered pesticide is a violation of federal and/or state law and is strictly prohibited. Check with your local dealer or representative for the product registration status in your state. Bayer, Bayer Cross, Baythroid®, Degree Xtra®, Gaucho®, Huskie®, Roundup Technology®, Roundup WeatherMAX and Design®, Roundup WeatherMAX®, Roundup® and Sivanto® are registered trademarks of Bayer Group. For additional product information call toll-free 1-866-99-BAYER (1-866-992-2937) or visit our website at www.BayerCropScience.us. Bayer CropScience LP, 800 North Lindbergh Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63167. ©2021 Bayer Group. All rights reserved.